GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Congratulations, the Flowmaster's a good choice. :party:
My experience: The 4-year OEM muff on my '93 C1500 Burb self destructed while going over a cattle guard, at 63K miles. The baffles were loose and the shaking of the guard was the final straw. I replaced it with a Flowmaster, Zoom, zoom, varoom! It was the 'quietest' one available at the time, but my wife complained about it being much louder than OEM. After 8-years of service, it developed a few holes from rust worms. I messed around with patches for about 6-months and then went with a total new exhaust from the collectors (Summit's CARB approved shorties). I stayed 3-inch with a Magnaflow 3 x 3 converter and a Flowmaster 3 x 3 70 Series Big Block II can. This set up is quieter, and flows better than the big 40 and the OEM converter. The OEM tail pipe (side exit) rusted thru at the first bend near the muff. I think moisture concentrated at this bend may have contributed to the first Flowmaster's rust worms. The new tail pipe exits under the bumper. Perhaps I'll get more than 8-years out of this latest set up.
(eBay: Cat $65, Can $115. Local hook-up: torch, tubes and trinkets $120.)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts