GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my silverado 07 classic it has the fog light button on the inside of the truck but wen i bought it it had no foglights so if i get some how do i install them if were there supposed to go the hole for them isnt there

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
I have read you can buy an installation kit from GM and I have also read that you can carefuly cut out the pocket for them (should have the indents in the air dam) or they sell the lower air dam separately as part of the installation kit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
my dad had the dealer install them on his 07 classic and it came with the air dam and the lights. it was something like $300 or so at the dealer

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
yea 300 aint bad to do that if it comes with the lights, air dam, and wiring. You could prob do it yourself pretty easilly but if it comes with the new air dam than just do it through the dealer cuz it will prob look better in the end

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
my dad had the dealer install them on his 07 classic and it came with the air dam and the lights. it was something like $300 or so at the dealer
There you go! Do it right the first time:great:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sorry to bump a year and a half old post but hey.. at least I used search! (even though "fog" is too short of a search term" :grrrrrr:)

I have a 2008 WT with the fog light cutouts (aka big holes that I want to fill!) and I was wondering if that $300 price included the cost of the lights and the install? I called the dealership where I got my truck and asked if they did bed liners, leveling kits, or fog light installation and he said "no" to all three. I wonder if I got a bump service rep or if I should try another dealer?

Anyone else ever added fog lights to a valance that didn't have them?

EDIT: Well I'm dumb. I went to look for a pic of the front end of my truck and I realized the cutouts are for front tow hooks. What would it take to get fog lights for me?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fog Lights

I bought and installed the kit on my Silverado and it was very easy to install. The kit comes with ralatively good instructions with the exception of plugging the wiring harness into the fuse box. It was somewhat confusing, but when I figured it out, the kit worked perfectly. My kit came with the fog light switch, so it's strange you have the switch without the lights!!!

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
paris dude where did you get your foglight kit at im looking for some fogs also.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Sorry to bump a year and a half old post but hey.. at least I used search! (even though "fog" is too short of a search term" :grrrrrr:)

I have a 2008 WT with the fog light cutouts (aka big holes that I want to fill!) and I was wondering if that $300 price included the cost of the lights and the install? I called the dealership where I got my truck and asked if they did bed liners, leveling kits, or fog light installation and he said "no" to all three. I wonder if I got a bump service rep or if I should try another dealer?

Anyone else ever added fog lights to a valance that didn't have them?

EDIT: Well I'm dumb. I went to look for a pic of the front end of my truck and I realized the cutouts are for front tow hooks. What would it take to get fog lights for me?

you will need the bumper caps, and some lights that will fit their
paris dude where did you get your foglight kit at im looking for some fogs also.
he has an older truck i think he said an 88', so it wont fit our trucks, just get a set of housings, and make your own wiring harness

·
Registered
63 Posts
Fog Light Kit

you will need the bumper caps, and some lights that will fit their

he has an older truck i think he said an 88', so it wont fit our trucks, just get a set of housings, and make your own wiring harness
No, I had a 2007 Silverado at the time and bought the entire kit from an Accessories shop here in Paris TN. But, the parts came directly from GM to him and then to me. The parts were all OEM GM. They fit perfectly and were exactly what I wanted....easy to install.

I still have my 88 Silverado that's getting better by the day!!!:party:

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts