GM Truck Club Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Living in Dayton, OH right now (grew up in Virginia)

Trying to move to North Dakota or Colorado soon though! :glasses:

·
Registered
85 Posts
The big town of Ashland Missouri, population maybe 4,000 including the dogs.We do have a Casey`s and a Breaktime and now a Dollar General.
Yee Haa!!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Well I'm on the West edge of Lincoln Nebraska. I can throw a rock and hit I-80 but I have to drive 4 miles to get onto it. We're so remote, even we don't know we're here.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've lived in....
Ventura, California
Kahuku, Haleiwa, and Wahiawa, Hawaii
Weyauwega, Wisconsin and
Sarasota, Florida

huh. guess 1 outta 4 ain't bad.:rofl:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well I'm on the West edge of Lincoln Nebraska. I can throw a rock and hit I-80 but I have to drive 4 miles to get onto it. We're so remote, even we don't know we're here.
i have put on to camper rallies and shows at lake ogallala the past 2 years it is a great area to camp and relax

Dan

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm from Bloomington, Indiana! It's an ok place and home of the Hurryin' Hoosiers!

·
Registered
133 Posts
i have put on to camper rallies and shows at lake ogallala the past 2 years it is a great area to camp and relax

Dan
Nebraska is good for relaxing. Everythings kind of small townish here. Midwest is still probably the best place to raise kids, even if they don't think so.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fargo, ND here, 20 below zero last night warmed up to 10 below, the old 350 did not want to go to work today, but I made it, only had to crank it twice.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Midwest

I am in Omaha, Ne.
I came from California. I know the next ? why to Omaha. I was tired of the gun shots waking me up everyday. Plus I could not afford to put gas in a go cart there let alone a suburban........
I still have fam there but they will have ocean front property when the rest of Cali falls into the ocean.....

·
Registered
6 Posts
where r u

well in barnhart missouri here i had a 97 z-71 up till a week ago now i have a 2000 sierra 2500 i wanted it tow my camper anywhere i wanted to go mainly up large hills man i love that truck it does what i want without any problems :great:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Nebraska is good for relaxing. Everythings kind of small townish here. Midwest is still probably the best place to raise kids, even if they don't think so.
well were getting closer to you moveing to Cedar Falls Iowa over the next few months hopefully we will be setteled in by june and in lake Ogalalla in late july for some fishing

Dan

·
Registered
133 Posts
well were getting closer to you moveing to Cedar Falls Iowa over the next few months hopefully we will be setteled in by june and in lake Ogalalla in late july for some fishing

Dan

Good thing fishing is relaxing, after spending all your money on gas getting here you'll need some unwinding. Used to be able to enjoy a 2 week vacation just seeing the country, now I'll get 4 days, seeing a lot less because of the gas prices.

·
Registered
61 Posts

I can honestly say that Nebraska is by far NOT the best place to raise kids! I'm not saying its a bad place but it is by far NOT the best. I have my reasons and I have lived in many states and Nebraska is my least favorite (Ill give you one reason. The cornhuskers fans and their sportsmanship I liked the huskers until I moved here and the fans killed it for me) and there are quite a few other reasons but im not going to start a web war if you think Nebraska is good then that is your opinion I'm just stating mine. Anyway OMaha Ne here wishing I was somewhere else!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
I can honestly say that Nebraska is by far NOT the best place to raise kids! I'm not saying its a bad place but it is by far NOT the best. I have my reasons and I have lived in many states and Nebraska is my least favorite (Ill give you one reason. The cornhuskers fans and their sportsmanship I liked the huskers until I moved here and the fans killed it for me) and there are quite a few other reasons but im not going to start a web war if you think Nebraska is good then that is your opinion I'm just stating mine. Anyway OMaha Ne here wishing I was somewhere else!!
I'm sure there are better places to raise a family, Mayberry comes to mind. I'm also sure that list of worse places to raise a family is much longer though. For pure innocense and simple friendship I'm sure Nebraska is near the top of the list though. You are also comparing your experience in Nebraska to your life in Omaha. If all I knew about Nebraska was Omaha, I would tend to agree with your hatred of the state also. Omaha should be somewhere else, it surely doesn't represent Nebraska in any way, shape or form. I'm sure there are other reasons to not like Nebraska, the way they tax everything to an extreme is utterly rediculous. I do wonder how you find fault with the cornhusker fans though. I have seen other teams come to Lincoln, kick our buts all over the place and when the game was over they would receive a standing ovation. The country has the opinion that Nebraska fans are some of the best in the country so I'm sire you are in the minority here while you are detesting the fan base of the Cornhuskers. But hey it's alright, you hate Nebraska and that's what right for you, I'm not perfectly crazy about some things about it either but, I've raised 3 kids here and none of them have a police record and they all know right from wrong. What more could I ask for. Anyway, I'm here to talk about and enjoy my 08 Sierra, not to fight about a place called Nebraska, so what you driving here in Huskerland.

·
Registered
61 Posts
You can check out my ride here!

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11471

I do not hate nebraska at all it is just not my favorite place to be. However it has may good points to it like the huntiing and fishing here. I' am in no way basing my opinion on just Omaha I have been all over Nebraska mainly on my hunting adventures I have been as far west as Norfolk nebraska and just about covered the entire eastern side of Nebraska. I had the pleasure of working out of Lincoln for 8 Months and found it to be a little better than Omaha. I would definately not mind raising my family here, however I have been other places where people are much more friendly. My wife is born and raised in Nebraska and when she took her first trip back home to my homestate with me she could not belive how nice the locals were. I' am in no way bashing Nebraska and dont mean to offend anyone. My reason for not liking huskers is I went to a game in Lincoln and to support a team that I happened to like more than the huskers and on the drive from Omaha we had a full beer can thrown through the grill of my car (Thank god it was my beater or someone would have been shot) once we got there we were harrassed the entire game. I will never go to another Husker game!!

Anyway back to the trucks now!!

21 - 40 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.