GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, rumor has it that a supercharger is being developed for the i-5 colorado. I also understand that a turbo is in the works as well. Does anyone know if this is fact or rumor. If it is a fact where can i get one. 220 HP is ok but 300 would be better! Meanwhile, the truck is great.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
That would be a sweet option for that truck. The only other company offering that is Nissan I think (supercharger), so GM could edge itself into a niche. It would probably be a big hit for the Colorado.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I think that either would be an awesome addition to what is already a very strong and robust engine.
I have not read anything specific on either of these, they're just rumor. There are aftermarket units that can be placed on your engine, but nothing factory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Colorado Supercharder

Rk Motorsports Make A Supercharger For The 3.5 Close To 4000.
Checkit Out At Superchargers Online.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
Colorado Supercharder

Rk Motorsports Make A Supercharger For The 3.5 Close To 4000.
Checkit Out At Superchargers Online.com Also Shoreline Technoligies Makes A On Command Electric 12 Volt Supercharger And Chip For 100.00 Cheap Upgrade They Claim 1.6 Lbs. Of Boost And 895 Cfm At 6300 Rpm

·
Registered
359 Posts
Like you guys, I have only heard rumors of these things....

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I am 10000% sure that they do make a supercharger kit for the I-5 Colorado, MAGNACHARGER is the manufacturer of this wonderful product! It'll run you about $3,000 for 100 horsepower, but it's worth it. It runs off of 8.5lbs. of boost, you can also get a 3 year 36,000 mile warranty with it for an additional cost. Hope this helps you, I do realize that this is a year later on this post but so what!!!:great:

·
Registered
4 Posts
That would be a sweet option for that truck. The only other company offering that is Nissan I think (supercharger), so GM could edge itself into a niche. It would probably be a big hit for the Colorado.
They already did by cramming a 5.3L/300HP VORTEC V8 into the 09's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts