GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that my 4wd is slipping when I put it in 4-low on occasions. This only seems to happen when I'm climbing up a hill and towing a load. Seems that the transfer case slips and it goes back into 2wd. It's only happened two or three times, but I'm not sure if it's something that should be looked at or not.

Anyone else have this problem? Should I have someone look at it?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, not that I get much of a chance to use the 4WD anymore, but it's be a good thing to get checked out and looked at.

·
Registered
82 Posts
:D

Yeah, I really like Aamco transmissions. They are a very well run franchise operation that really takes care of the customer, (in my experiences with them). Also, the dealer may be able to pinpoint the problem with a system scan immediately. The transfer case should set a code even if you do not have a service light on.

·
Registered
51 Posts
How fast are you going when it does this? 4-lo was meant for extremely low speeds and terrain where the wheels will slip as I believe the front and rear wheels actually move at a very SLIGHTLY different rate when in 4-lo (but not in 4-hi) for extra traction in slippery conditions, and if not allowed to slip could damage the tranfer case/tranny.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts