GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This section of the message forums is all about 4WD! If you like to take your Silverado/Sierra offroad and let all 4 wheels spin, then this is your forum to post in!

·
Registered
3 Posts
So when I put my truck in 4x4 and then I start to hit the gas pedel at a low speed, is it commen for the the truck to move when the steering is turned? Seems like when the 4x4 is engaged (hi or low) I can proceed forward in a straight line no problem, but as soon as I start to turn, feels like something is binding, or working against something.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any update on this spoon?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I couldn't tell you why but 3 guys and myself where I work, Silverado, Tahoe, Avalanche, and Yukon (XL 3/4 ton) owners experience the same thing. When Auto or 4hi is on, grinding or jumping occurs while taking tight turns. Its never been an issue, I either don't turn as tightly or turn it back to 2hi. I guess since so many of the gm owners I know experience the same and nothing bad has happened because of it in 2+ years I owned mine I have learned to ignore it. Let me know if you hear anything different.
Silverado Parts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had a Ford 4x4 and it was the same, I just bought a 06 Z71 4x4 12mi on it and it binds while turning, The only 4x4 i've ever seen that doent do this is the Nissan Pathfinder 4x4 my wifes 06 is just as smooth in 4wd as 2 you cant tell the difference so must be normal

06 Z71 Crew LT1

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
looks good except the paint scheme. Not my taste in color choices!!!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Yes, it is normal to have wheel hop when four wheel drive is engaged. Making too sharp of turns will actually do some damage in the long run if you use four wheel drive often.

·
Registered
5,910 Posts
You know your place id on the way to Ericas, don't you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
the only thing the truck needs is a better paint job, and GM really needs to put a 454 in it. I do not know why they stopped making that engine, more or less the 350, which in my opinion is the most popular chevy motor there is. You can easily get over 1000hp with the 454 or the 502 (8.1L). They also need to make it into more of a redneck truck. screw the 20's they need to put 54" super swampers on it. Then it would beat the raptor...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts