GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new set of Toyo Open Country's for my truck today. Went with 325/65/18. I had Pro-Ciomp Xtreme AT's 35x12.5x18:grrrrrr:. The truck feels like it is brand new:happy:. It is smooth and the shudder I always had at 43-45 MPH is completely gone. My truck is almost as smooth now as it was stock and as quiet, well except for the exhaust:shocked:. Some guys may like the Pro-Comp tires and I may have just gotten a bad set but I will never buy another set of those tires. The best part is a local shop in Dade City gave me a great price on the Toyo's almost $500 cheaper than what i paid for the Pro-Comps at a different dealer. I cannot stop smiling because I had not been happy with the ride I was getting from my truck and started thinking of getting rid of it. Thanks to Isreal Cruz at Cruz Wheels in Dade City, Florida. Anyone in the area here i recommend his shop 100%.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I like the way the open countries look and I have had the same experience with the Pro Comp ATs not a fan of their tires either.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Seems like with ProComp tires you either hit or miss with them, mostly miss. Toyo's are great tires. There ROUND.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Yes this thread is a tease with no pics!

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
Glad you are happy,now where are those pics?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gheesh... I guess I will get soime pics tonight once I am home. Drove the 35 miles to work today smiling ear to ear with how the truck handles. It's amazing the difference.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Truck with Fresh Rubber.jpg Toyo Open Country Tread Pattern.jpg

Here are 2 pictures of the new tires. I will post back in a few thousands miles about longevity but right now I am just amazed in the difference in ride quality between these and the Pro-Comps.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
very nice and the truck looks great too.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Those look nice. Have you had them on anything other than the pavement yet?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those look nice. Have you had them on anything other than the pavement yet?
Not yet but I will take it to a sand pit this weekend and report back. Some of the retention ponds in my area may have enough mud to make them worthwhile too.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Now thats the pics we were askin for! Looks good! Those have a lot more tread depth than I was suspecting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts