GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Silverado HD 2019 Duramax 6.6, Metallic Mosaic Black Crew Cab, 6 Speed.
312 Posts
i found the stamped number on axle shaft and could someone tell me what axle this is and is there an code chart that tells you what axle you have?
I wish that I could help you. I’m certain that someone will chime in before too long. If you give them the information they need they are a hard bunch to stump.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Dana 44's were used across many years. There might be a date code on it somewhere. If it fits the measurements you need then use it. Make sure you check the gearing so that it matches your rear end.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dana 44's were used across many years. There might be a date code on it somewhere. If it fits the measurements you need then use it. Make sure you check the gearing so that it matches your rear end.
Well actually I am not planning on using this axle for my truck. The knuckles and the outer drive shafts is what I am planning to take off and put it on 77 Ford F-250 Dana 44 which currently have 4.09 gear ratio. This GM front has an 50-11 gear pinion (4.56).
77 Dana 44HD LP on front and rear is 4.10 14 bolts 9.5 semi float. Front is nearly complete. Rear is next and I have rear disc conversion kit from 4x4 Lugs.com 😈

1 - 6 of 6 Posts