GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I want a replacement/off road type bumper but everything looks like its either meant to be visually pleasing or straight out of MAD MAX ready for combat over built. I like the looks of the smitty built predator bumper but would also like something a little sturdier but not 3/4" plate steel. Also I seem to have trouble finding bumpers for the 1500. Plent available for 1500HD, 2500, and 3500. Does anyone know why?

Smitty built Predator

"The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel. It'd take you ten minutes to hack through it with this." -Max

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
you could always fab up your own bumpers if you have the time/know how.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I just noticed the predator had been discontinued! WTF. That thing looks pretty damn cool, and had just thought I finally found the right accessory for my front end...of COURSE that means its discontinued!:grrrrrr:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just noticed the predator had been discontinued! WTF. That thing looks pretty damn cool, and had just thought I finally found the right accessory for my front end...of COURSE that means its discontinued!:grrrrrr:
You can still find them hanging around places like ebay, if you search for them. Bumpers for newer trucks and HD trucks are easier to find it seems like:(

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So after spending who knows how many hours looking at different options for the front of my Silverado heres my plan. I removed the OEM lower valance and foglights. I plan on adding a skid plate and a light bar with some mild off road lights.(No 12" hid 10 billion candlepower jobs, just nice bright driving lights. Heres what i have so far........

my ghetto prerunner look! ha ha

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
You do realize the BUMPER as you call it is just a brush guard for your bumper. The picture you have below is more of a bumper/brush guard combo.

I have been looking into making an air tank bumper in another thread I started, but with all the snow and work associated with it as of late here I have been unable to find the time to even fabricate a set for my wife’s Burb.

Just trying to help.

This is the thread I started but as of late haven’t had anymore input, yours would be appreciated, good, bad, indifferent.

http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10205

I was a ironworker/welder/fabricator by trade for 15 years after leaving GM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts