GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, its been about 6 months since installing my leveling kit. After the 500 mile mark I re-torqued everything under the front end. About 2 weeks ago I noticed the front end was squeaking when I apply the brakes, the brakes also started squealing. Last week I re-torqued everything again and cleaned my brake parts. This quieted everything down for about 5 minutes. Brake noise went away but still have squeaking in the front end. I then applied liquid wrench dry lube and this quieted everything down for a week. Talked to my neighbor, he was a GM mechanic at a dealership and he said that they use to lube the front end with oil, so I went one better and squirted some liquid wrench white lithum grease on all of the pivot points and this worked for all of 3 hours. The front end now squeaks worse than ever and now all the time. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do??? I am to the point of replacing all of my bushings in the front end, but don't know where to look for a full bushing kit for the front end. I have looked online at a few sites and they only sell the parts seperately.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I had problem similar to that where it squeaked and applied liquid wrench to everything that moved under the truck nearly, and kept doing it so we took the tire off and saw the the bushing were pretty much outta grease, so we pumped more in them. Worked for a little while but then kept doing it. Like i would sit idle and turn the wheel and it would squeak and like if i drove straight it was fine but hitting or going over a little bump slowly would cause it to squeak. And it started getting kind of loud and was embarrassing lol when driving by people. But eventaully we took it to a mechanic and it turns out my CV axle was going out and had to replaced, thats the reason it was squeaking. It could be the same with your truck?

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Sorry man it was actually the ball joints going to the bad in my truck, and had them replaced. The cv axel problem i had was another time i had a problem with my truck. But id say if you could take a look at them and see if thats the problem

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
What brand of leveling kit do you have?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Redneckchevy - When I installed my leveling kit, I ended up replacing my lower ball joints. Like I said I am to the point of replacing all of my bushings in the front end.

Silveradotrailblazer - A co-worker had bought a kit when stationed down in Idaho and he recommended me to Auto Spring Corp. http://autospringcorp.com/ I haven't had any other problems other than the Squeaking in the front end...

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
I looked at there website and it looks like a good kit. I wonder if the bolts that hold the spacer to the factory strut are loose?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked them. The back bolt on both sides was hard to get to but everthing is tight.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Did you try greasing your inner front swaybar bushings? Not just spraying them but loosen the brackets and sliding the bushing out, greasing it and reinstalling. I put some EnergySuspension bushings and brackets on my truck that have a grease zerk fitting to keep them greased.

---------- Post added at 05:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 PM ----------

Are you sure you greasing ALL your front grease fittings, maybe your missing a hard to find one?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, the neighbor and I pin pointed my issue. Who would think that after 3400 miles a ball joint would be bad. It was my right lower ball joint that I replaced back in February. Luckily Napa has a 12 month 100,000 mile warrenty on the part. It took about 20 minutes to find out where the squeak was coming from, went and bought a new ball joint and replaced this evening and squeaking is gone, FINALLY... What was weird about all of this is it only squeaked when I was stopping or pulling out, not when driving down the road or turning, well that is only time that heard it. That is why I was skeptical about the ball joints, any how lesson learned...

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Maybe you could only here it when you were stopping or pulling out, less road noise. Glad you got it fixed!

·
Registered
1 Posts
front end sqeaking after leveling

Im having same prob with 2012 with only lil over 3k miles on truck kit was 2.5 front spacer that included spacers for top and bottom its been two days since installed at dealership by suspension mechanic and now sounds like sqeaky wheels on wagon ....... anyone else have prob ?? Leveling kit is made by fat bobs garage

·
Registered
15 Posts
Same problem

Im having same prob with 2012 with only lil over 3k miles on truck kit was 2.5 front spacer that included spacers for top and bottom its been two days since installed at dealership by suspension mechanic and now sounds like sqeaky wheels on wagon ....... anyone else have prob ?? Leveling kit is made by fat bobs garage

I have an 08 silverado and I used a 2" rough country leveling kit and not even a week after it was installed my truck started squeaking really bad and cant figure out what it is

1 - 11 of 11 Posts