GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
i have a 2001 silverado z71 ecsb. my problem is that during a hard low speed corner(parking lot spaces, turning around in a cul-de-sac) my front end seems to plow the tires forward. Is this a control arm bushing problem? if so has anyone installed the Energy suspension CAB on a simialr make model year? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sounds like its still locked in 4 wheel drive. Just a thought.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not too sure I understand the problem correctly? The truck wants to keep going straight?
Well, turning the steering wheel all the way to either side results in the front tires kind of chattering. On smooth pavement the tires screech realy loud like i'm skidding.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My 2wd 2002 used to do the same thing on really tight turns. Tire wear was fine and everything was tight, so I didn't worry about it.

JD:neutral:

·
Banned
372 Posts
Not trying to sound smart or anything, but slow down a bit in tight cornering. Sometimes it just happens, but slowing down can prevent chewing up the inside and ouside of your tires (if you do it often) unless you're racing THAT hard for that parking space. :lol:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not trying to sound smart or anything, but slow down a bit in tight cornering. Sometimes it just happens, but slowing down can prevent chewing up the inside and ouside of your tires (if you do it often) unless you're racing THAT hard for that parking space. :lol:
Even a crawl results in tire noise during full left or right turns. A worn control arm bushing could cause unwanted camber changes during a hard corner at any speed and make the tires plow under a little. Just wondering if anyone has replaced their's, either with oem or a performance poly bushing and what the results were... Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts