GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought some 20" Momo wheels and they have toyo 305/50R20 tires. I bought them used I took them and had them balanced just in case. When I brake the front end shakes bad, the stock wheels were fine. I have a 06 Silverado crew cab if it makes a dif. Are the tires too big/wide?

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well went to work and no braking problems, no shake. So when you get 20" from the dealer they are not upgrading the brakes. So I'm thinking with the 20" rims you need to run the smaller tires, which is what they have on the stock 20" rims (275/60-20 tires with a rim 20x8.5) Thanks everyone with this problem, hope it will help others.

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
well came back from the Dealer and they said they did not feel andy shake, I told them with the stock wheels it was not notice. I told them when I put on the other wheels that is when I notice the warpage. They said well "Sorry if it did not come stock on the truck it is not covered in the warranty. :rules: So the way it looks if I want to run the other wheels I would need to pay for turning the rotors myself. I think I'll see about turning them and see. Just like I need more to do on the weekend.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.