GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if they make a bracket for an 04 Colorado? I cant find one on ebay and Im assuming I need one to put a plate on the front cause the holes that are in the bumper now dont line up with a license plate. If anyone knows, please email me at [email protected] Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I wonder if you went to a local dealer and asked them for a frame with their logo on it, if they could hook you up a bracket for free.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Does anyone know if they make a bracket for an 04 Colorado? I cant find one on ebay and Im assuming I need one to put a plate on the front cause the holes that are in the bumper now dont line up with a license plate. If anyone knows, please email me at [email protected] Thanks!!!
When I got my Trailblazer it didn't have one (not sure why) but I ordered 1 from dealership seems to me it was a bit pricey for a hunk of plastic. Call your local dealer, other than a wrecking yard.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
When I got my Trailblazer it didn't have one (not sure why) but I ordered 1 from dealership seems to me it was a bit pricey for a hunk of plastic. Call your local dealer, other than a wrecking yard.
Usually we didn’t put them on if they were being shipped to a state that did not require a front plate.

They were left in the trunk, so if you bought it used and the first owner threw it away, you were out of luck.

Most people just put a plate on that made it more personal, but other would just get lost over the years.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Usually we didn’t put them on if they were being shipped to a state that did not require a front plate.

They were left in the trunk, so if you bought it used and the first owner threw it away, you were out of luck.

Most people just put a plate on that made it more personal, but other would just get lost over the years.
Ya I got Patrick to run that Car fax thing off and my TB came from Quebec so maybe they don't need a front plate there...but I do know it never had the bracket in there.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Still need a bracket? What is the distance between the holes? I have one I would sell for cheap if it fits....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Go to the Chevy dealer and they will sell you one for around $25 bucks. I had an 05 Colorado that I bought in Pennsylvania without a bracket - needed one when I registered it here in VA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine came with one in a plastic bag and it is still sittin gin my garage i think, or I threw it away, we don't use front plates here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts