GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a 08 Silverado Crew Cab 2WD with 285/70/17 tires and I'm trying to decide which way to level my truck. Most people seem to do the front 2 inch lift, but I've also seen a 2" rear shackle drop for the rear. The rear shackles are quite a bit cheaper then the front lift, but is this going to affect the ride quality at all? I really like the way the bigger tires fill out the front wheel well and I'd like the back to look similar, that's why I was leaning toward the rear lowering. Any thoughts?

Oh yeah, mostly on road or gravel road driving and I rarely carry a very heavy load in the bed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
with it being a 2wd id go with the rear kit. i have the front leveled on mine but it is 4x4. id think that u will still be able to run the same size tire even with the rear lowered. just my .02

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
its all preference and how you want you truck to look.. since you put bigger tires on it I would say do the front leveling kit.. It will give your truck a nice aggressive stance even tho it is 2WD.. just my 2 cents also

·
Registered
279 Posts
Post a pic of your truck so we can see how the front is compared to the back, it may help with some advise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts