GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry: hey SPECS here im a new member.question?has anyone had frontend problems?i have a 2003 lt with 40k when i turn or hit bumps in th road i hear a type of raddling sound can also feel it trought the steering.seems to be getting worse.also when i make a hard rt. or lt. turn i hear a pop.i have goodyear wrangler a/t tires. has anyone had frontend problems like this before? thanks SPECS

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
That could be a number of things. Generally, if you hear a pop then it's not good news. For safety, I would get it checked out ASAP. Seriously, could be a tie-rod or something that could be disasterous going down the road.

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
you hit it on the nose steve. you can check some things yourself tho. jack front end up, put it on jack stands and spin wheel and check for rips in cv boots, if one is riped it needs to be replaced, but if it just is poping once most likely ball joint or tie rod end. have a helper wiggle one wheel side to sideback ond forth while you look at all tie rods and connecting joints, there are five points that have joints in them. inner and outer tie rod ends and pitman arm off steering box.
the easiest way to check it out tho is bring it in for a front end alinement, to a shop you trust. anything wrong with the front end should be found before the alinement and repaired, they should come in to tell you what needs to be fixed before they can aline it because its going to cost a lot more to fix the alinement.
then you can decide wether you want them to fix it or fix it yourself, then bring it back and have it alined.
eather way front end pops are not something to let go, check it out or have it checked out soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts