GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1999 burban-
About 2 years ago my fuel gauge needle started fluttering/vibrating - maybe a 1/16" in each direction so fast that it just looks blurred. It registers accurately until it gets to about 1/8 full - then it (whether I'm moving or not) jumps to 1/2- then to empty- then to full- then to 1/4.....etc. All the time vibrating! All other gauges work fine. Any thoughts?

Darylh1953

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
1999 burban-
About 2 years ago my fuel gauge needle started fluttering/vibrating - maybe a 1/16" in each direction so fast that it just looks blurred. It registers accurately until it gets to about 1/8 full - then it (whether I'm moving or not) jumps to 1/2- then to empty- then to full- then to 1/4.....etc. All the time vibrating! All other gauges work fine. Any thoughts?

Darylh1953
My 99 Savanna van does this too. (haven't had time to fix) Apparently its either a grounding issue at tank or sending unit itself (yours I think is in tank)
Need to drop tank. To me the is not a fix in the drive way job. :frown:

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
My 99 Burb did the same thing just before the fuel pump went out. I replaced the fuel pump in the driveway and everything worked fine from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts