GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
need to know the location of the fuel gauge sensor on an 05 trailblazer gauge bounces from 1/4 to full out of warranty help!!

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Does it read correct all the time except when it's in the range that you described? Or does it only display the range that you're talking about, even after a fill-up?

Maybe the needle got loose off the post? That's your best bet for an easy fix. The sending unit is in the tank.

NOW, on another note I have heard rumors that there is an issue with this if you leave the keys in the ignition when refueling. (Do you do that)? The computer gets all goofy and you need to get something reset or reprogrammed.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Just curious how an '05 is out of warranty already. Should be covered for at least 3 years. Typical things that are not covered in waranty are items that wear out, or need regular maintenance (ie. brake pads, wipers, shocks/struts, oil changes...) The sending unit is something that should be covered.

Have you checked with the dealer to see if it's covered?

I know it's a "little" out of your area, but you should stop by Norwood Chevrolet, and ask them about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it's my brothers truck and is past 36000 mi only goes to 1/4 and drops to zero and the light comes on

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Typically the sending unit is in the tank. You'd have to drop the tank, preferably while it's empty, or near empty. If you're unfamiliar with how, you may consider buying a Haynes, or Chilton manual. Either one will walk you through the process.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem. It was solved by replacing the gas cap. Don't ask me why. The dealer said something about the seal in the gas cap.
It sounds totally off the wall, but it worked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts