GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced fuel filter but later on noticed a leak in line. Closer observation showed the fuel lines are not good.
Brake lines replaced a while back.

The problem is while waiting for the OEM lines(filter to engine set) to arrive, tearing it down and having an issue with only one certain type of connection. There are two others like it.

Enclosed is a picture of the fitting right before gas tank.

1, Tried to remove the fuel line. Both tabs broke off. Won't pull off.

2. Is it rusted on? This is a very rusty spot.

3. Special tool, besides fuel disconnect tool, since there appear to be some grooves in the plastic for something to fit in? Look below the tab opening for grooves.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I finally have all the fuel lines removed. So much rust some were cut out. The video helped except there were two fuel lines a 3/8 male and 1/4 male metal lines located near front of tank connected to a 3/8 female connector and 1/4 female connector. The female connectors had plastic fuel lines to the tank. Both were severely rusted and removed metals line but tore up fitting so will replace an with an aftermarket Three lines go in front of tank connections. Two above(fuel and return I think) and a third which was able to remove goes to a box for vent I think.

Note: I already found out easy to tear down by removing transaxle drive shaft. Make sure marked accordingly for balance per manual and removed in 20 minutes to my surprise.

Now it is just planning to get the new one in since it comes as a set and need to think about.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts