GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Chevy Express 2500 with the 4.8.

I bought the delphi dfg1093. The new pump will not fit at all. The diameter of the pump is to big to be received by the tank. This pump is the only option napa is giving me. Is there a a different tank option that might be taken into account here? I've changed many fuel pumps before never have I been in this situation.

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
564 Posts
Did the old gasket come out with the previous pump?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did the old gasket come out with the previous pump?
The o ring is new. The problem is not the oring. The problem is the top of the fuel pump being bigger in diameter. The pump will not go into the tank to mate with the oring what so ever. I still have a inch to push the pump into the tank in order to put the locking ring on.

·
Registered
2000 Silverado Z71 4x4 5.3L 460k+ miles w/ GM rebuilt motor and trans
564 Posts
The o ring is new. The problem is not the oring. The problem is the top of the fuel pump being bigger in diameter. The pump will not go into the tank to mate with the oring what so ever. I still have a inch to push the pump into the tank in order to put the locking ring on.
Right, I get that you have a new one. I was asking if the old ring was still in place, as they don't often come out with the old pump.

Side note: you have measured seat diameters on both units to compare?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Damn spam! That's the main reason I quite this site for a long time!

Get this **** under control!

Al

1 - 5 of 5 Posts