GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,542 Posts
If you have to rely on lockers everytime you go off-road it's time to learn your rigs strengths and weaknesses and how to drive it. I run trails unlocked, I only lockup when I get into trouble or when I might start tearing up the trail.
A stock truck will teach you the secrets of "driving elegantly".
The article was biased, the test driver didnt know how to apply the parking brake to transfer power to the opposite wheel?
Eaton like all manufacturer's would like you to believe they found the secret to controlling wheel spin, actually Eatons new electric locker is a little late to the market place. Electric lockers have been an option on Toyota 4x4's for about 15 years, Ford offered an electric locker in the mid 90's for a short period, in the early 70's Dana offered an electric locker for the popular Dana 44 that was never fully accepted because most off-roaders at the time figured an electric motor couldnt stand up to the rigors of off-roading, and Aisin has been making electric lockers since the late 70's (most of theirs are for vehicles not seen or sold in the U.S. tho).

1 - 1 of 1 Posts