GM Truck Club Forum banner

Garage - Park Cars or Store Junk?

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  stephan 
#1 ·
Right now, my garage is full of junk. But I'm planning on getting a shed to store it all so I can park in there again.

Who's got junk? Who's got cars/trucks? Who's got something else?

#2 ·
No Garage for me... But the land lord lets me put my stuff in his garage... Tools.Cleaning stuff,Jacks and other Misc stuff....

#3 ·
My garage has a 94 Jeep Wrangler and my Harley on one side and a bunch of yard tools and junk on the other side.
I gave up on trying to straighten it out, every time I get a few clear inch's of floor space somebody dumps more junk in there.
My lawn shed has lots of room but thats because their either to afraid to run the gauntlet of guardian yard cats or to lazy to walk out to it.

#4 ·
Its a mix. My land rover and my Wifes car get to park in the garage. but I have two hanging storage racks (about 4'x8' each) to hold storage stuff plus I have built two smaller shops on the side of the house. one for my tools workbench etc, and a second for my daughters bikes (yes I had to build her, her own garage). then we have a smaller shed on the other side of the house. All it boils down to is too much crap. Which leaves my commuter car and my truck in the driveway.

#5 ·
Both junk & vehicles, plus welders, DP, 2 lathes, a compressor, a band saw, & work benches & racks, but there's always room to park the truck. If any junk intrudes on it's space, it moves it on it's way in.

#7 ·
I got some pictures of what I'm dealing with. I put up some shelves a couple of years ago that don't match my stuff anymore so I'm gonna give them away or have someone haul them off for the scrap and I've got my eye on a rubbermaid garage shelf system that I might end up getting.

#8 ·
For 2 and a half years, mine was full of junk and things we hadn't unpacked after we move in. I finally got around to cleaning it up so I could park my truck inside. Now my 1974 Triumph sits on my side, and my mom's side is full of tools and junk because she would need to move one of my vehicles every time she wanted to get in or out of the garage. I would really like a 6 car garage - then I could fit my 2 trucks, my Triumph, my mom's car, my trailer, and my tools and such, without being in the way of anyone or anything else.

#9 ·
I have a bunch of crap in one side and a car in the other. The more pressing issue is a lack of a drive way that leads to the garage.

#10 ·
My two harley's are parked on one side and a wood project I have been working on for a few months takes up a good portion of the other side. I built a shelf over top of the garage door that measures 20 feet wide by 8 feet deep so I keep all the boxes and other stuff up and out of the way. I used to keep my ZR2 Blazer in there, but when I traded it in on the Sierra it doesn't fit inside.

#11 ·
Both junk & vehicles, plus welders, DP, 2 lathes, a compressor, a band saw, & work benches & racks, but there's always room to park the truck. If any junk intrudes on it's space, it moves it on it's way in.
2 lathes? why 2? Seems like 1 is more than enough for most people.

#12 ·
2 lathes? why 2? Seems like 1 is more than enough for most people.
lol, yeah but I'm greedy. Actually one's machinists lathe & the other's a brake lathe.

#13 ·
I've got a bunch of stuff in my garage that needs to just be tossed. I've got all my tools and chemicals on a row of shelves neatly against one wall.
But, the cables popped off the spring on my garage door, and it's one of the ginormous wooden ones. Until I fix that, there's no parking anything in there. :(

#14 ·
Stephan
This spare bedroom is absolutely STUFFED- stuff Hoarder style
with 35 years worth of motorcycle,car, truck, bicycle, reloading "stuff"
I sold my last motorcycle 1 year back(SR500) and I'm trying to sell off various not very valuable parts
Hope this picture shows up
Wife is not impressed with this room!! Room Floor

Charlie

Attachments

#15 ·
Yep, that looks very similar to my storage area Charlie. The trouble with cleaning up & throwing stuff away is that within a week or two you find that you need smth that you got rid of

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.