GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn the key on it goes to full and when I turn it off it drops to just below full, when I flip the switch the guage moves a little. My truck has 2 tanks and 1 tank only has 1 gallon it in and the other has around 10 gallons in it. Why is it not working and how do I fix it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
someone please help, its another thing thats holding me back from getting the truck inspected

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Sorry, Matt. Most likely a bad fuel tank sender. Could be bad wiring, or bad ground. It will take some digging on your part. Start by dropping the tanks and having a look at the senders and the condition of the wiring at the senders and tank switch.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, Matt. Most likely a bad fuel tank sender. Could be bad wiring, or bad ground. It will take some digging on your part. Start by dropping the tanks and having a look at the senders and the condition of the wiring at the senders and tank switch.
i dropped the tanks. the sending units in both tanks worked before i replaced the tanks, i am not good with wiring so is there a way i can check if its the switch thats the problem? i want to do the easy things first. all of the connections i could see were good.:grrrrrr:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts