GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Here in Des Moines, IA mid-range corn gas (ethanol) is ~$2.15 right now. It is upwards of $2.30+ in some rural parts of the state. We have less taxes on ethanol so it is actually the cheapest gas to buy here. 87 is about 10 cents more and premium is about 20-30 cents more.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
I never get anything except for the 87. I just gassed up for $2.24/gallon on Saturday. :-?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I didn't even bother checking what my gas cost last time I filled up. I just check the total bill. It was like $60, that's all I care about anymore. That's pretty sad, I know. :-(

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
RE: Re: RE: Gas is expensive!

Hmm, I filled up this morning for $2.09 for 87 octane gas. A little station in Mansfield off 287 if you're ever in town. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
RE: Gas is expensive

I can't beleive how expensive Gas costs in the entire LA area. :shock:

On average I'm paying about $2.55 or so over the past week or two.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Re: RE: Gas is expensive!

Steve said:
kamikos said:
Filled up last night. 87 was $2.17, 89 was $2.07, and 91 was $2.27.
Did you get that price right for the 89?
:D
Indeed I did. Sorry for the late reply. Iowa taxes ethanol less than the others as it contributes to our state economy of corn growers. It is now down to $1.97-1.99 depending on where you buy it here in the Des Moines area.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts

Wow, well there's some lawmakers doing something for the common good! :)

Anyone here from Oregon? It used to be that Oregon was 100% full-service gas. It was not legal to pump your own gas, even up to the late 90's. Is that still the case?

·
Registered
404 Posts

It looks like gas prices have fallen a little bit over the past week or so. :) Anyone else experience this as well?

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts

That's funny. They're giving a rebate on gas. But it's expensive because there is like $.75/gallon tax on it in the first place.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts