GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any suggestions on getting better gas mileage!!! On my 2003 Trailblazer LTZ 4X4 I'm only averaging 15 mpg.

Also, I was going to change my air filter yesturday and couldn't get the cover off. I took out the screw on the right and at the top. It still seemed to be stuck at the bottom under the a/c hoses. Help!!! Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
40 Posts
There is another screw in the lower left corner. Push the hose out of the way and you will see it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 2005 TB 4x4 got low 16mpg when I bought it. Put the K&N filter in and I get maybe high 16's now. I go through a tank of gas a week with mixed city and highway. I rarely get on it. If only the city stop lights were synchronized i'd get better.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i up graded my wife to a high flow filter , also up city milage by 1 mpg a gallon also switchted to syn tran fliud on the high way up north last weak i puled 23.5 running 65 to 70 with crusie on
you dont have to by the whole k and n kit just the filter, i used a spectra which i found , for 25 dollars i have been happy with it

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
My wifes 05 2wd gets 16city and 22 highway. It has a AFE cold air intake, Madnaflow exhaust and all fluids are synthentics.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Depending on what oil you use, you would see a MPG increase using 100% synthetic AMSOIL. Also look at AMSOIL Ea air filters. When buying AMSOIL products make sure you go through me so you can buy at wholesale prices.

·
Registered
47 Posts
How new are your tires..good tires make a small differnece ..also Cold air intake also small plugs and wires and synthetic oil..Amsoil is awesome! if you cant afford that then mobil 1 is good..put them all together it will increase your gas mileage. Dont expect to get 25 mpg but you can get 17/23. change your driving habits. I can from a sports car to my TB and ...lol...cant drive the way I used to not unless I wanna stop off at the gas station every other day...good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Clean the throttle body as well. I did that last weekend and it had a fair gunk build up. That along with a spectre aftermarket filter, and I also hollowed out the airbox seemed to help a lot. Truck runs smoother now. I use Mobil 1 fully synthetic now as well. I used to get 14 or so, but now it seems to get better. I haven't calculated yet but I will after this tank.

·
Registered
1 Posts
if your tires are new... i would recommend inflating ur tires with Nitrogen. For like 12 bucks you can get all the tires filled.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts