GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, what's the deal? Gas prices have gone up and up and up over the past 2 months. They'll be $2.60/gallon again soon here in the DFW Texas area.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i donno, here in CT they are $2.53. i really hope the prices drob by mid-april because i'm making a trip to New Jersey for the weekend and i rather spend $100 than $125 to fill the 40 gallon tank.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, doesn't look good for that. :-( Prices have gone up here in the last day I believe. Creeping upwards again.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I have heard the excuse that they are starting to switch back to the summertime reformulated gas and it costs more to produce [cough - b.s. - cough]. :roll: I will start riding my motorcycle more when the weather begins to co-operate.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it's been crazy cold for the past week here. I was in the hospital when it was dumping down rain like crazy.

·
Registered
101 Posts
In the hospital? Everything all right?

On the Gas prices... Be glad you're not driving Diesel. On average around here, it runs about .15-.20 higher per gallon than regular unleaded. Pretty routinely pay $2.64-$2.79/gal.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, I hurt my left elbow just over 5 weeks ago and it got infected. I spent 5 days in the hospital so they could give me drip IV antibiotics.

Anyhow, enough about me. Gas is back up! I paid $2.85 today!!!!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
I tried to buy gas yesterday and the credit card reader on the pump was not working so I had to go give my card to the attendant so he could turn the pump on. I went out and pumped my gas and the pump stopped while I was sitting inside my Suburban, listening to Rancid. Surprised, I looked up and the pump had stopped at $60. I went back inside and asked the attendant why it stopped so soon--he was holding my credit card. He said that they have to preauthorize an amount when they turn the pump on and he figured a big car like mine would take a high amount. I laughed--at $2.86 per gallon, that was less than 1/2 a tank! And I have to fill up almost twice a week! (It might be a hardship, but it's a matter of priorities.)

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, that's true.

At $2.85/gallon:

5 gallons = $14.25
10 gallons = $28.50
20 gallons = $57.00
30 galons = $85.5

G

·
0 Posts
These gas prices bite it! Keep going Steve. I'm sporting a 42gal tank, and with gas prices this high, I sometimes put off filling up until the last few gallons. That's $119.70 @ $2.85/gal. Well that's the price you pay for driving the vehicle you love. Gas prices around here have been steadily rising from $2.30 to $2.69 over the last month. Haven't seen $2.85 yet.

On the lighter side, my daughter who's 14yrs keeps looking at the prices and gets mad, then comments that, "Someday she'll be rich, and own a gas station that everyone will come to, because she's going to set the price at .99cents/gal" Gotta love kids. :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
$2.79.9 when I put some in yesterday.
Hell I can't afford to fill it up any more.
41 gallon tank.
Dam if I fill up thats $114.75

·
Registered
56 Posts
So is Belgium the only place where gas is higher than California? Can someone else beat my 2.86? (San Francisco area) And that's at the cheapest stations. I know--I drive a Suburban!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts