GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I just read an article about some Hummer dealers in the Detroit area that are installing (at the dealership) these things called "vortex valves." Anyone heard of them? Supposedly they are doing it and advertising that it will increase mileage by 10-30%, increase power, and decrease emissions. All the makings of a potential scam????

You can check them out at vortexvalve.com. They are manufactured by Air Synergy Labs, Inc.

The basic premise, I think, is to manipulate the air flow from intake and readjust the shape of the air flow to fit the pattern of the opening in the manifold. Now I'm no mechanic (obviously) but if these dealers are doing it maybe there is something there. Has anyone tried one? Does anyone think I'm an idiot for contemplating purchasing it?

Priced at around 70 bucks with a 110% money back satisfaction guarantee. Comments?

JR
Houston

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
You are kiding right?
They are not going to do a thing except loose you $70

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree. You lose $70. Gimmick. By poutting the device prior to the throttle plate, they are restricting the airflow and causing a slightly rich condition, PLUS their "vorticular pattern" gets straightened out when it hits the throttle plate. The principle might work in a tunnel ram setup with the vortice plates AFTER the throttle plate and just prior to the intake valve, but not the way they and the "tornado" people are claiming. Keep your $70. and spend it on something really helpful to your 'burb like a few oil changes. Just because it's the dealer doesn't mean it's right or most beneficial for your vehicle.

Larry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts