GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 k1500 with a 6 inch lift and 35” tires. I have a stock rear end and was wondering what gear ratio I should run. I’ve burned up 3 transmissions and am tired of it😂

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Need more info on your set up.

Without knowing what you have or what you intend to do with it, my suggestion would be 4.56 gears.

·
Registered
773 Posts
4.56 would be a choice to use for those larger tires. What gear is in that truck now? What engine is in this truck?
What do you mean by burnt up transmission;
Are you burnin clutches and bands, cocking converters, bustin gears?
Got the right juice in it?
Is there a tyranny cooler, what does that look like; plugged up, full of shavin's, pinched off.
The 4L80E isa bad ass transmission...But you'll need a electronics box for it.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
4.56 would be a choice to use for those larger tires. What gear is in that truck now? What engine is in this truck?
What do you mean by burnt up transmission;
Are you burnin clutches and bands, cocking converters, bustin gears?
Got the right juice in it?
Is there a tyranny cooler, what does that look like; plugged up, full of shavin's, pinched off.
The 4L80E isa bad ass transmission...But you'll need a electronics box for it.
Like I said, we need more info on your set up. That's why I gave a vague answer. I kinda get the feeling this is going to be one of those guys that signs up to ask a question, but never comes back to get the answer.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
4.56 wins!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m running a built 4L60E with a 383 stroker with 4.56 gears along with 295/70/17 rubber (33.26”) & love em!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts