GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok now Im seriously thinking about changing gears in my truck, its a '99 K2500 suburban, Im pretty sure I have 3.73 gears in the rear end Im not exactly sure, but would it make really a noticable difference if I put in 4.10's? how much more fuel do you think I would use just in city driving? I know on the highway it would be alot worse.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I have 410's on a 99 c2500 and I get 10-11 city 12-14 highway. Highway is no fun. :glasses:

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i agree i have 4.10 and the highway is not much fun going uphill. i dont think it will be worth it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea basically I wanted to get a little more power for pulling.. if I changed heads and the intake do you think I would get tthe same power difference without sacrificing fuel economy?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
that will definitely give you more power prob 40 horse maybe more with new heads and intake. as for fuel economy i would think it would be a little better

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
that will definitely give you more power prob 40 horse maybe more with new heads and intake. as for fuel economy i would think it would be a little better
I guess I'll probably just do that then its probably less work considering I have to take the intake off anyway for my coolant leak.. and with a 4wd replacing gear ratios is twice the work of a 2wd :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
headers, intake better flowing muffler would be best "Bang for the Buck" if you want more grunt for towing that list will help and be cheaper but you can do a Gear vendor overdrive and then regear to 4:56 or 4:88 and have the same milage you got now.....mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts