GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have a 97 k1500 silverado z71 i use to get a misfier code all of the time i replaced cap rotor plugs wires and coil now i dosent do it till i tow my camper when i go up a grade i get a slight vibration then i feather the gas pedal and it goes away and resumes normal operation and sometimesw i get a misfire code can anyone help me with this problem thanks fellow truck owners

·
Registered
7 Posts
ok i have a 97 k1500 silverado z71 i use to get a misfier code all of the time i replaced cap rotor plugs wires and coil now i dosent do it till i tow my camper when i go up a grade i get a slight vibration then i feather the gas pedal and it goes away and resumes normal operation and sometimesw i get a misfire code can anyone help me with this problem thanks fellow truck owners

I am getting the exact same misfire right now on my 97 k1500 suburban. I will try and replace all the items you did and see if my light goes away. By the way the truck runs perfect with no miss fires and I have been trying to figure out the problem for a few months. Did yours run ok when you had the light on? I read another post somewhere that it could be the distributor gear wearing out, maybe this is your problem and it only slips under a higher load, just a guess I have no clue.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
a friend of mine had a 99 suburban that did the same thing. he replaced all the same things you did and did injectors and the misfire still didn't go away

1 - 4 of 4 Posts