GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would be louder on my 2000 silverado 1500? a gibson super truck exhaust or a cherry bomb glass pack? i have the 5.3 V8

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
A buddy of mine is running the Gibson on his '10 5.3 and it is loud, but clean sounding. He really likes it!!

·
Registered
902 Posts
i would think that the super truck would seem louder inside the cab....but who really wants all that cab resonance?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I think the super truck would sound better and have a nicer exhaust tone, whereas the glasspack would just be obnoxiously loud.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
A guy I work with has a single in double out glass pack on his 02 with the 5.3 and it sounds nice. It isn't so loud you have to yell over it to talk to a passenger. I am thinking about going that same route. Especially since the guy who did it only charged like $250 for everything.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im going for it to be loud. lol. what 17 year old doesnt want his truck to be loud?! lol

·
Registered
527 Posts
You've probably got the most bang for the buck on loud with a glasspack.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
im going for it to be loud. lol. what 17 year old doesnt want his truck to be loud?! lol
I don't blame ya for wanting your truck to be loud, but it all depends on where you live. The cops by my in northern NJ are dicks when it comes to exhaust loudness. But hey, if I lived in Montana or Wyoming or someplace open I would be running straight pipes with no mufflers lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah i live in casa grande arizona. there are people that run strait headers haha. my uncle is a cop too so i know every single police officer too hahaha

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Austin, check out the Flowmaster 10 series. That muffler is freaking loud IMO. A buddy of mine put it on his '01 GMC 5.3L and it is ubber loud!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts