GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that at night after driving my 02 tb that if i look in the passenger side wheel well i can see that the exhaust manifold glows red right where the 02 sensor goes into it. Is this normal? Whats up with all the weird kinks and stuff in the end of the exhaust system by the muffler. Some spots look like the exhaust is crushed but I am guess this is normal ?

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I have never heard or seen anything like this before. Can you see this from the engine compartment?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think so the heat sheild blocks it. I think you can only see it from the passenger side wheel well.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Now I'm curious. :) How fast were you driving? I've never heard of an exhaust system getting red hot before.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought it had to do with speed but it dosent. I noticed when i drive normal and am very gentle on the car it still gets red. I hope it is ok because I am driving the car 500 miles this weekend :( If someone could check out theirs to see if it does this it would be helpful. Thanks guys..

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Well, I have never seen it. When it's pitch black the most is when I park it in the garage, but the pass side is to the outside wall, can't check it. I'll see what I can do.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Just put the 10 month old down for the night, so it's time to clean and to maintain the sites as well.

The wife is out shopping with her mom, so I'll check it when they pull up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts