GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2010 LT Z71 and I have a friend who has a 2010 LTZ Z71 and neither of our trucks have the GM decal in front of the Silverado lettering on the doors. Do you guys know why some of the different year models have these emblems and why the newer ones don't? Do any models from 2010 and up have these? Not a big issue but I do like the way they look.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GM Emblem.jpg

This is the emblem that I'm talking about.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I believe it was a marketing decision to stop putting the "Mark of Excellence", as it is officially known, on all the G.M. models. Not sure why they did it but I liked it so much that I added them to the C- pillars on my truck, I think it was around $10 for 2 of them at the dealer. Apart from the front Bowtie it's the only badge I have on my truck.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice...very clean looking truck by the way adampaul1964! I was thinking about picking a couple up in the near future when I get back home. I guess GM may have been trying to cut corners where they could to reduce cost but I really like the looks of these.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Adam, I think if you paint the GM letters and line under the GM letters on those "MoE" emblems with your trucks blue color it would look good, one of those little details that says this is my truck.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I took mine off a while back. If I still had them I'd mail them to you, but I think they ended up in the can.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Well, got out the touch up paint and filled them in and just wiped them off. Pictures aren't too good, resolution isn't very good up close. But it looks pretty good in person! What do you think, Alston and STB?

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
That looks nice. Another cheap and easy mod.

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Adam, what took you so long? LOL. That looks much better. The GM doesn't blend in with the backround metal.:great:

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Your welcome!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That does look a lot better. I may order a couple when I get back and try it with some black paint. I finally found some on the internet for $8.95 but I'm not sure if it was for two or just one. I'll have to take another look today.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
That does look nice.... I think GM took them off to save them some money. I remember reading it somewhere... That it cost them $3.00 per Car/truck to put them on and make them..

·
Registered
60 Posts
That does look a lot better. I may order a couple when I get back and try it with some black paint. I finally found some on the internet for $8.95 but I'm not sure if it was for two or just one. I'll have to take another look today.
I have some lying around, you can have em if you want. Just e-mail me your address and I will mail em to you. My e-mail is [email protected]

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gregsyellorado...my wife said that the emblems came in the mail yesterday (Friday 24 Jun). I really appreciate you sending them. I'll be sure to post some pictures when I get back home.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts