GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Chevy Avalanche
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have driven GM vehicles my entire life, starting with a '65 Impala. Started driving trucks in '97 when I bought my first Silverado Extended Cab. I have had my '05 Avalanche since 2015 and bought it with 108K Miles on it. It now has 212K and still running strong! I LOVE MY AVALANCHE!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Truck

·
Registered
1988 C1500 Silverado, 5.7L with some go fast parts.
1,194 Posts
Welcome aboard! I had a 65 Impala SS 327 back in the 70s too. Got any pics of your Avalanche? We love pics!

·
Registered
2005 Chevy Avalanche
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice! I remember when they 1st came out, GM called it the UUV, Ultimate Utility Vehicle. I almost bought one but, I couldn't justify it in my mind.
I've since put the front fender flares on. I need to get an updated photo.
It took me a while to "arm up" to the idea of the Avalanche, but once I saw one up close and found just how utilitarian they are, I was hooked! I discovered that they're registered here as "Station Wagons"!

·
Registered
2005 Chevy Avalanche
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking at your name, I'm guessing you're in Arizona? That's funny, here (in AZ), our 2015 Ford Escape is registered as a truck. :ROFLMAO:
You're right; I'm in AZ. The Avalanche is a single-body vehicle (because of the pass-thru mid-gate), whereas regular pickup trucks have a separate cab and bed. But a quick search tells me that the Escape is an SUV... Go figure....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts