GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any comments on GM's new performance parts for there trucks, I was thinking of getting the catback exhaust, and oil free cold air intake, it will be nice to be covered under warranty but what are the performance specs with there exhaust and intake. Also any suggestions on a programmer, I am thinking of superchip. I have the new 6.0L VortecMax Pkg. Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks

·
Registered
32 Posts
Superchips have been over rated in my experience. If i were you i'd go with the oil free cold air intake (not a WAI) and a downpipe back exhaust. I think it'd be better money spend and a longer trans life if you were to spend the cash from a "chip" or programmer on a quality set of headers.

Gm's exhaust is CORSA which is overpiriced if you ask me, and doesn't look the best (opinion). I'd look at the Magnaflow exhaust first.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Anyone have any comments on GM's new performance parts for there trucks, I was thinking of getting the catback exhaust, and oil free cold air intake, it will be nice to be covered under warranty but what are the performance specs with there exhaust and intake. Also any suggestions on a programmer, I am thinking of superchip. I have the new 6.0L VortecMax Pkg. Please give me your thoughts.

Thanks
Your on the right track. I agree, stay away from chip. Stay with stuff that doesn't alter warranty.(You don't need the hassle)

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I bought the GMPP 90mm throttle body for my 5.3 vortech. It will set you back about $400, and it got me about 25hp with a tune that I did with the HyperPac tuner, which will set you back $700! So if you ask me the $1,100 investment I made is definately not worth it for 25hp, although some people find it interesting that a throttle body off of a 7.0 427 will fit the 5.3 with the help of an adapter plate that my dad made on the milling machine. Anyways that's my one high performance mod on my truck!:lol:

·
Registered
225 Posts
i bought my truck for my local leadership custom under warranty and u can see on the pictures i think that i just intall a system an smoked the lighst and tint windowsbut i bough the motor city sports edition "limited" here is some of the cutom thing the came with the truck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts