GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Has anyone ever installed a trailer harness on a 2007 GMC Acadia? I have been going crazy trying to find a harness that matches. I finally found one that should work, but I cannot locate the correct wires to connect it. It does not fit into the plug under the car, and I have no idea where to look anymore. If anyone has attempted this before, and has wiring diagrams, please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I went out on the web trying to search for something and I typed in "Acadia trailer" ... the first listing is this post itself! ;-)

I have reviewed the Buick Enclave, but can't recall what they have for trailering options, will have to look back on my notes.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Hi,

Has anyone ever installed a trailer harness on a 2007 GMC Acadia? I have been going crazy trying to find a harness that matches. I finally found one that should work, but I cannot locate the correct wires to connect it. It does not fit into the plug under the car, and I have no idea where to look anymore. If anyone has attempted this before, and has wiring diagrams, please let me know what I am doing wrong. Thanks for your help.
In the Acadia the harness is located in the back of the right rear fender wall.

Where did you find the harness? and how much? what kind of hitch you using? and one last and final question does your acadia have the tow package? i own an acadia and im just wondering what kinda setup your gonna run.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In the Acadia the harness is located in the back of the right rear fender wall.

Where did you find the harness? and how much? what kind of hitch you using? and one last and final question does your acadia have the tow package? i own an acadia and im just wondering what kinda setup your gonna run.
I struck out with a harness from Reese and GMC. Can't find the correct one to fit the plug inside the right rear fender. Not really a tow package, just a knock out in the fender. The plug is there ready to go, but I can't find one to fit. If you find one that fits, please let me know. Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts