GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
Steve's clip just proves the obvious...GM kicks Ford's *ss. Then again, I do love the early to mid 90s Broncos. I want to get a hold of one of them to turn into a mean 4x4 rig.... That'll come after I build my Sub up... But I digress, GO CHEVY!!!! :rofl::lol::party:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I do like chevy/gmc better than ford but it seems to me that the ford had a slight tire disadvantage.:frown: The ford seemed to have regular or maybe all terrain tires but the GMC had a set of mondo-squabbler mudd knobies....or did i just dream it?:meuh:

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well, I'm sure that these guys came ready for combat, but these head-to-head pulls have a lot to do with tires, gearing, engine mods, driving style, fuel, etc. The GMC did appear to have some mud/dirt/sand tires though.

What does it prove? Get some good good friends, too much alcohol and a couple of trucks and you too can burn up your engine.

** The part of the video that gets me is right after the 2nd pull, in the foreground you can see a woman video taping, then when the Ford loses, she stops moving and drops her arms to her side. Wonder if she's gonna tear into her man for losin? lol :neutral:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I can remember back in highschool a good buddy saying that my GMC safari van was a piece of crap.:mad: He stated that his mitsubishi mighty max pickup would mop the floor up with my van.(mainly because he had 27 inch BFG all terrains) (I had 275-60-15 Hoosiers street tires) So we tied the vehicles up and the ole GMC had fun dragging him across a gravel lot.:na: SO he says his truck will do it in reverse....so here we go again....and this time the GMC drags him into a mud puddle and covers the little red truck completly and also throws a rock at it's winshield for good measure:great:
I still pick on him to this day about that:rofl:

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well, I'm sure that these guys came ready for combat, but these head-to-head pulls have a lot to do with tires, gearing, engine mods, driving style, fuel, etc. The GMC did appear to have some mud/dirt/sand tires though.

What does it prove? Get some good good friends, too much alcohol and a couple of trucks and you too can burn up your engine.

** The part of the video that gets me is right after the 2nd pull, in the foreground you can see a woman video taping, then when the Ford loses, she stops moving and drops her arms to her side. Wonder if she's gonna tear into her man for losin? lol :neutral:
haha! You can clearly see her throw her arm down in disgust!

·
Registered
404 Posts
I can remember back in highschool a good buddy saying that my GMC safari van was a piece of crap.:mad: He stated that his mitsubishi mighty max pickup would mop the floor up with my van.(mainly because he had 27 inch BFG all terrains) (I had 275-60-15 Hoosiers street tires) So we tied the vehicles up and the ole GMC had fun dragging him across a gravel lot.:na: SO he says his truck will do it in reverse....so here we go again....and this time the GMC drags him into a mud puddle and covers the little red truck completly and also throws a rock at it's winshield for good measure:great:
I still pick on him to this day about that:rofl:
That's too funny. He had to come back for seconds, huh?

·
Registered
258 Posts
haha! You can clearly see her throw her arm down in disgust!
I think she took it pretty well. What else is she going to do? Maybe shed a tear? That would be hysterical! Remember, it's all fun and games until someone's boyfriend's Ford truck gets pulled across town by a GMC.

·
Registered
69 Posts
he still thinks he could have won.....even though i don't see how.
Both vehicles had over 200,000 miles with the original engines!!!
His was retired at 231,00 but the good ole GMC lasted 318,000 miles:great: till it was rear ended by a little old lady who yacking on a cell phone:confused:

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm a nuetral guy, I currently own both brands. I'd have to agree the ford had a tire disadvantage. in a pullin contest traction and gearing would be everything. I'd also have to agree if either of them cared at all about their trucks they wouldn't be doing this to them!

·
Registered
35 Posts
They hate their turcks...

When I was in high school I saw a dry pavement truck pull. The Ford was a 3/4 ton a 429 and the Chevy was a half ton with a 350. The ford had better tires too.

The Chevy was pulled back but not easily. The Chevy was badly damaged. noticeable bent frame, grinding rear axle, and some engine issues.

My friend owned the Ford and he told me that it was never quite the same after that. He told me thought its frame was bent too because it didn't drive straight down the road after that. The transmission needed to be rebuilt because it was slipping under load.

Don't do this to any truck you want to keep.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Pulling has to be done right......
Back in the day, we used our '85 3/4 ton 'Burban to 4 wheel a lot. I remember a time when 2 trucks were stuck side by side and we hooked up both n drug'em out at the same time. We used to joke, I pulled out the Chevy's, my wife pulled the Fords.....LOL No dis'ing the Fords though, I've owned more than a few and was happy with all.
Cool vid, but I'd never do it to a truck that wasnt built just for that type of fun......

1 - 14 of 14 Posts