GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im going to order the black rock stars for my 2008 silverado 1500..

Q are..
what size rims should i go with.. im going with 20"s..
what bolt pattern is my truck ?
what width should i go with..

im ordering a leveling kit for my truck also..

what one should i go with... looking for something somewhat cheaper... but wont risk my neck for $

Tries
what tire size should i go with... i really dont wanna trim any plastic on my truck...
im thinking the cooper discoverer stt 's ....
how are those tires on rode use? how do they wear? ETC?

thanks guys

and please post cheapest places to buy this stuff from what know..

Zach

·
Registered
296 Posts
Nitto 295/50/20
8.5X20
bolt pattern 6X5.5
I just purchased Belltech shackles to bring the rear end down 2" to level it.
Check out tire rack or discount tire.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just put a readilift on my 04 sierra 4x4 for $230 plus 100 to install.Great kit...rides like stock and now I can go with 33" tires...the front was lifted 1 3/4 "" for the truck to be level

·
Registered
40 Posts
well as far as the rim size goes...
the rockstar's only come in 20's for 1/2 ton trucks and above...
KMC also makes an 18" rockstar but the offset is so ridiculous your tires would be completely outside of your tire wells

If you want an A/T tire, BFG and Nitto are really nice
Price wise...Pro comp Extreme a/t are pretty sweet too

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i would also say 20x8.5 rims with a 6x5.5 bolt pattern
im guessing your not going to do much off roading so go with an AT in that 295/50/20 size
I would suggest the NItto Terra Grappler for you they will look great and are good on road. if you want a more aggressive tire than go with the STT they cant be beat

as for tires look here onlinetires.com because the tire rack does not have cooper or nitto

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have a 1500 1/2 ton...
i wanna get the 20 not sure on the width tho...

i want an aggressive tire as i do go off roading then the normal truck owner but i drive on the road WAYYY more then off it...

and i wanna lift just the front..

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
since you still off road it couldnt hurt to get the 295/50/20 STT. you will be happy ive ridden in trucks with them and they ride like an AT

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
and i dont off road... i get bored at least once a week and blast in the woods around by my house...
and sometimes when we go Quad riding i leave the bikes on the trailer and go with my truck lol

so looking for an aggressive look but more for use on the road and highway use..

got my mind set on the 20"S

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
yea the STT should suit you fine, however they are a mud terrain but still are great on road. also, if you do decide that you dont want a mud terrain the BFG AT is pretty aggressive looking as well as the cooper discover ST
... i actually just rechecked the size and the 295/50 are a little under a 32"/12"or so, so I would suggest, if they make them, a 295/55/20 its a 33"/12"

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i like the idea of smaller 32.5" ones..

so those with the 20"s and leveling kit should be fine on my truck no trimming..

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
yes sir :great:

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts