GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am currently purchasing a 1998 Yukon with 85k miles. Overall the vehicle is in very good shape. Engine, AC, trans all seem to be o.k.
price is only $6700.00 which is low for this type of vehicle in our area (north Florida). Is there any thing I should be aware of as far as chronic/expensive problems before I buy? Thanks, Steve

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
All I can say is that is extrememly low miles for a 1998. Make sure it's got a good title.

What type of engine, transmission, etc does it have?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
5.7 engine, automatic. I drove both city and highway and it performed well. Shifts perfectly, the mileage has been confirmed by the original owner and Carfax. I am guessing that the seller is pricing it to sell quick due to the current gas prices. I am supposed to pick it up tonight.

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
That's a good point. With gas prices up where they are and the "employee pricing" events have driven the cost of used vehciles down considerably. I bought a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer for $14250 last year and it's STILL below the kelly blue book for this area.

Just check it for the normal stuff, you're probably good if everything checks out like oil, driving, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I bought it. Its a keeper. My mechanic checked everything out and its all good! Looks like I got a great deal. I was overdue for one! Now all I need is for gas prices to go back down! HA. HA.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts