GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just couldn't resist any longer. My Truck was so quiet I was goin nuts. I've had flows on my last two vehicles and they sounded awesome. I really wanted to go magnaflow on this truck because it is new and I've out grown the super loud exhaust. I was always jealous when I took my dads titan out for a drive that his truck sounds way better then mine. So I went to the shop today to have them put on a single in single out magnaflow. I just swapped the mufflers becuase I was afraid dual exhaust would be a little too loud. It sounds just about perfect for what I was going for. The muffler and install came to about 150 with tax which is a little pricey but these guys have done all of my vehicles and have a great history with me.

Sound is great. At 70 mph, there is no drone and I'm running about 1500-1600 rpm. (only time it's nice to have 3.42 gears).
When going from a stop, it has a nice mellow growl and when you go WOT it responds with a pretty deep rumble.

Performance is very little. I wasn't expecting alot so this is fine for me. There is a slight difference in accelration but then again it could be all in my head.

I'll be checkin my mileage over the next couple weeks to see if it improves any so stay tuned.

I would reccommend this to anyone who is looking for a little more sound in their exhaust. :great:

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
congrats on the new purchase glad you are happy with it!!:great:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Flowmaster is my favorite sound, but Magnaflow is great because it has little drone, but a deeper sound than OEM. I like Flowmaster because it's the loudest :party:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Congrats:party: I was beginning to wonder if you were gunna get a better muffler!:lol: I don't think that the flowmaster's are that loud, I've got a 40 delta on mine and it's perfect to me, there's a video on here somewhere of it, I think it's in the appearance and aftermarket forum. You should get up a video clip so we can see how it sounds!:great:

Jack.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Congrats!! I think I'll probably be doing the same thing you did with my truck. I also don't want anything too loud, but want a good, deep tone. I'm glad to hear yours worked out so well! :party:

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I had Flowmaster 40 with 3" Pipes and 3 1/2" tips on my last truck. It was loud but not for long. I then added a manual cutout and I was set. I love being able to here my exhaust now and also love that when I'm crusing I don't :great:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts