GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok listen to this.... someone broke into my burb last night and the only thing they took were the screws to my side panels.... WTF????? ROFLMAO!!!! THERE WAS 90.00 IN THE CENTER CONSOLE AND A WHOLE STEREO WORTH ABOUT 1600.00.... HAHAHAHA... and all they stole were the screws....

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Sorry your burb got broken into. That sucks, no matter what they took.

Park somewhere else. They might be back.

My '87 C10 pick-up became a recurring target for the kids in my neighborhood. They broke in and took my alpine the first time. Then broke in two other times. Stole my mag-lite flashlight, and the next time seemed to just break in just because they could. I finally traded that truck in, just so they would stop targeting it. Besides it was time for something newer. :wink:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I guess I was thinking "park it at a nearby friends house, or something.

Did they cause much damage?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I have a funny feeling they'll be back. Watch what you have in there for the next few weeks.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
there was no damage infact they were so obvious i could tell you exactly what they did... they took a slim jim and popped the lock, and took a screw driver and unscrewed them. then they left the panels on the front seat... it was little punks you can tell

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
there was no damage infact they were so obvious i could tell you exactly what they did... they took a slim jim and popped the lock, and took a screw driver and unscrewed them. then they left the panels on the front seat... it was little punks you can tell
That's pretty weird. Maybe someone you know, that's messin with ya?

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
They just needed something inside the door for their truck, something must have spooked them before they got what they needed.

At least that’s what it sounds like. If they didn’t take anything else.

Sorry to hear that it happened to you.

·
Premium Member
216 Posts
Just got started?

Sounds to me like they just got started stealing your whole system and got spooked, if that is the case, they will be back. Had almost the same thing happen to me, so much the same it is spooky. Get a wildlife camera that is motion activated with no flash and when they get in your car with the dome light on you will get there picture or you can put it in a window of your house or somewhere like that. then you got the little punks! My buddy next door just happend to be up for a 2am peepee one night and looked out on the driveway to find a couple of kids in his truck taking appart his dash, so he called me and I came over and we walked up behind them with my shot gun, racked a round and waited for the police while they begged me not to shoot them while face down in the dirt! Hopefully that scared them enough not to do it again.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Sounds to me like they just got started stealing your whole system and got spooked, if that is the case, they will be back. Had almost the same thing happen to me, so much the same it is spooky. Get a wildlife camera that is motion activated with no flash and when they get in your car with the dome light on you will get there picture or you can put it in a window of your house or somewhere like that. then you got the little punks! My buddy next door just happend to be up for a 2am peepee one night and looked out on the driveway to find a couple of kids in his truck taking appart his dash, so he called me and I came over and we walked up behind them with my shot gun, racked a round and waited for the police while they begged me not to shoot them while face down in the dirt! Hopefully that scared them enough not to do it again.
Bless the Second Amendment... Sorry you got broken into... same thing happened to me a coupla years back. Almost the same exact story, broke in, left a mess, and missed the valuable stuff.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
I guess that "quality is job 1" for some thieves

Years ago I had a pioneer stolen from the dash of my TR-7. The thieves were not subtle. It looked like they took a hatchet to my dash and a crowbar to my door panels. Gone in 60 seconds! I think I would prefer thieves who take the time and exercise some patience when stealing my stuff.

P.S. No limey car jokes please.:lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts