GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this really was a sticky situation. I was at my granny's house today and drove my truck back to her barn to load up some cans to recycle. Well, on my way back up to the driveway, I ran over an area in the yard where a water line had just been installed about 6 months ago. Apparently the ground was still soft there, and my whole front end dropped to the ground, and I became hopelessly stuck... LOL the whole front bumper was on the ground, well now I know how my truck would look as a lowrider! LOL. Anyways, to further add to my embarrassment, I had to Call my cousin to pull me out.... He drives a ford F150...:grrrrrr: Yep, just image a ford pulling out a stuck Chevy... I should have sprung for 4 wheel drive when I bought this thing, LOL. I don't have anything against fords, they are good trucks, It's just that here I was, wearing my Chevy trucks hat, driving my Chevy with lots of Chevy stuff (floor mats, CD holder, key chain, etc) and my chevy front plate... and I was at the mercy of a ford... LOL. Anyways, as far as I can tell there is no damage to the truck, just lots of mud all over it. Here are two pics of it stuck, sorry but it was dark when I finally got it out, so I don't have any pics of it after it got unstuck. Just thought I'd share this embarrassing story with y'all.

Later
Jack

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
haha oh man. I've been there before I got pulled out by a john deere tho. :happy:

·
Registered
16 Posts
That reminds me of a date my wife and I went on..let me explain. I had my old suburban with the lift, 4x4, and mud tires. She wanted me to get as close as I could to the Great Salt Lake, well after getting a little to close, the suburban started to sink. About two hours later, with two trucks and 300 feet of cord (the guys pulled people out as a side job), and almost getting hit by one of the metal cords when it broke. We were free and slowly driving it back to land :)

It was funny because I had it buried to just a little over the axles, and was in my Sunday best. :) It was a lot of fun though. Good to see you made it, even with a Ford pulling you out.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the comments. I do have some friends that drive Chevy's and GMC's, but I could not get hold of them that day... LOL. Anyways, it's all good now. I washed the truck and inspected it thoroughly yesterday, there is no damage. It did almost scare the crap out of me though when the front end dropped to the ground, I mean I was driving along about 6 or 7mph... then BOOM!! the front end hit the ground hard, and the back wheels started spinning. I tried backing up too, and it just spun. I wish I had a picture of the two holes that the front wheels left in the ground!!! They were huge! I'm just happy that I got out and there is no damage.

Later.
Jack

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sounds kinda like fun though. glad there was no damage. any other pics?
Thanks, sorry though, no other pics. it was dark out when we got the truck out and all I had with me was my Sanyo Katana cell phone, and the camera on it sucks... LOL. I will get some new pics up later this week when I have time to finish cleaning it all up and detail it. Next time I'm at my granny's house, I'll take some pics of the damage it done to the yard.

Later.
Jack:great:

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Sounds like we may have to change your name from,

DirtDog to MudDog.

Glad you her out ok.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The only story i have involves my lincoln town car which is nickel and diming me to death right now and it doesn't have breaks. I wanted to take a shortcut a month ago through a large parking lot and the previous trail must have been made by a truck. I was shoveling my car out of three feet of snow with a collapsable military shovel. Busted a catilytic converter on that car.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
These photo links require a log-in to view. Try to copy and paste the img code here in your post like this

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
wow that stinks bud glad you got out....this is a story that happened to my brother.... My bro drives a 1994 lifted dodge cummins with 36" Army Hummer Tires (Goodyear Wrangler RT2). He was wheelin in Pennsylvania and got stuck pretty deep. He was wheelin with a stock Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and of course he was like no way that little jeep is gonna pull me out. before he knew it the jeep had him out the the mud hole... Meanwhile my bro has a sticker on the back of his truck that says "It takes a Truck To Pull A Jeep Out".... he decided to take take that sticker off later that day... I know its not any chevys :( but i thought u guys may like the story anyway

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hearing about trucks getting stuck makes me laugh. Not at anyone, it's just funny because it sucks. If it makes you feel better I took my truck to the desert made a wrong turn up this hill and got a little stuck myself. This adventure burried not only my truck up to the frame, mind you I have a 9' lift total, but it also got my OLD MANS 4x4 dually stuck and we both had to be rescued by a Jeep Wrangler with a wench to pull us out.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
i bet your regretting not getting that 4x4 now hahaha... cant offroad too well with only rear wheel especially in the sand

1 - 19 of 19 Posts