GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 99 suburban, am getting sick of cleaning the rear out all the time(two dogs) so am thinking of removing all carpeting and what not from the second seat back. Would leave the hooks for the third seat just in case. am thinking of rhino lining the rear then, and welding a steal box to go around the a/c unit in the back(but make it removable). Also make a new moun tfor the spare and then bolt in some tire changing equipment that will actually be useful/ Has anyone every done anything like this, will there be an increase of highway noise without the carpeting and such?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I had a leak in the rear that messed up the rear carpet beyond repair so I just cut out behind the third seat.
Here's a pic

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Are you thinking of removing the side panels as well? There's a fair amount of sound proofing insulation in those side panels, since they sit over the wheel wells. if you remove those, then you will be letting in a lot more road noise. Otherwise if you just pull up the carpet, you won't really notice much difference.

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you Rhino the bed area, it will actually be better at noise reduction than the carpet is. My advice would be to go ahead and rhino the whole floor pan if you are going to do it, as it doesn't make flat transitions very well, and you would have an issue at the transition to the factory carpeted areas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts