GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just caught a good episode of Flip This House on A&E and they showed the company owner going out to blow off some steam in his H2 Hummer ... somewhere around San Antonio. Ended up running into some guys in a beat up Ford Bronco that challenged them a bit, looked like they hit the backwoods boys from Deliverance if you ask me.

ANyone else see it?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I didn't see that episode but I know that armando montillano, has a black H2 and he's been in 2 or 3 episodes. (it's kinda sad that I would know that)

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If I had a little bit of money I would probably have wanted to get into house flipping, but you need the right crews and contacts and of course you need cash.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mom's cousin moved into Mississippi after Kartina as he's got a trucking company that he relocated there and he fitted his trucks to haul propane... and there was no competition so he charged a premium. Anyhow, he got into house flipping from some of the coastal houses down there that got hit hard.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Get into some houses while the market is down... the only thing is you might not get to "FLIP" because you might not get the price you want out of it and end up sitting on something for a while.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
80% of a successful flip is buying it cheap, the rest is fixing it up cheap and finding a buyer.

·
Registered
85 Posts
80% of a successful flip is buying it cheap, the rest is fixing it up cheap and finding a buyer.
I agree, but what I meant was... you might not find a buyer willing to pay the NEW Flipped price. Hopefully it works out for all who try. I would like to try it at least once in my lifetime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts