GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a pair and they said plug n play. Is there no other wireing that needs to be done on these or are they good to go?

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
nope they should just plug into the existing wiring and just bolt them in and you will be good to go

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
They are good to go except for the halo's. You'll probly have to splice them in to come on either with the driving lights or high beams. At least that's how it was for my f150.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah i have them in but i haven't done the wiring yet.. they look really sweet very glad i got them. So should i hook up the 2 halos seprate so only the lowbeam halo is on with the lowbeams or hook them up to where the lowbeams are on and both sets of the halos are on? what am i supposed to do with the green and the black wires??

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i have them in what are the green and black wires for on the far side of the light??

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I'm not so much interested in the halo parts, but how do the projectors work? My truck sees a lot of night driving on back roads and I'm all about getting better lighting.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Most people connect the halos to the parking lights so that you have the option of seeing them without the driving lights on. They are for effect only and if you connect them to the driving lights you will never see them.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
You definately want to wire the halos seperate on a switch to where you can turn them on and off, they will burn out very quickly if you leave them on all the time. They even tell you not to leave them on all the time because of the heat they generate inside the housing, hope this helps you out. Good luck!:glasses:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
I don't know if you are still looking for input or not... I've installed a set of halo's on another vehicle I have. I haven't personally read anything about the halos getting too hot and burning out.. as far as I know they are set up with LEDs and those should be good for a while. They are not very bright - only there as accent lighting.

I was going to wire them to a switch but ended up wiring one of the halos with the parking lights and the other with the high beams. When the parking lights come on, the halo around the high beam bulbs comes on.. when the high beams are on the other halo comes on.

I've had the lights for about a year and everything still works great.

As for how bright projector lights are.. they are a great replacement for factory lighting (at least factory lighting that's not totally recent). I have projector lights on the mustang and they light up the nigh sky with a distinct line below other drivers' eyes, and the high beams offer great visibility.

I also replace the basic square sealed beam lights of our '01 Jeep with projector lights and found thee same to be true.

If you have the faded headlight housings that have that glazed over film... a set of projector lights will dramatically improve your visibility.

Hope this answers some of the questions posed in this thread..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts