GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It felt great to get out and do a bunch of work today! Seriously! My arm was hurt for the past two Saturdays, so I wasn't able to do anything, and this is the 2nd week that we've been in this house.

Started out this AM going to garage sales. Ended up getting a Black and Decker Workbench for $10, a B&D circular saw for $5, a power edge trimmer for $18 (this was easily worth $150 new), a weed eater for $15, and a bunch of stuff for the boy.

Anyhow, ended up working in the yard, put out some dirt in some low areas. Trimmed the sidewalk, knocked down the weeds, etc. It felt good to get out and get some work done.

Anyone else have an eventful weekend?? :)

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Hmmm woke to no water

Replaced the switch for the well pump $50 no joy!

Called well guys they came out said short in well prob burned up pump looking at around $1100! Ouch!!!

Pull up well pipe found short about 25 feet down looked like a lightning strike burned the insulation off the wires then they shorted.

Replaced the wires lowered it back in fired right up YES!

Total $150 bucks for the well guys a nice blessing!

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, where do you live where you have a well pump? :) Glad to hear you were able to get it up and running though.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Steve said:
Wow, where do you live where you have a well pump? :) Glad to hear you were able to get it up and running though.
I live in the country near live oak florida.

Not much out here but horses and cattle and a few japanese deer and a water buffalo LOL!

·
Administrator
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds nice. I would lover to be able to get a place out in the country. Not sure where I would pick though once I don't have to work in a metro area for work, I might choose somewhere in North Texas, Northern New Mexico or possibly all the way back up in the outskirts of Seattle. That's the problem when you have lived in a bunch of different places.

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Steve said:
Sounds nice. I would lover to be able to get a place out in the country. Not sure where I would pick though once I don't have to work in a metro area for work, I might choose somewhere in North Texas, Northern New Mexico or possibly all the way back up in the outskirts of Seattle. That's the problem when you have lived in a bunch of different places.
I can understand that, lived in Miami, Atlanta, Augusta, Alexandria VA, Jacksonville Fl and now the Country LOL!

Would love to go live in Alabama down on the gulf of mexico where the family has property but during Katrina it was 9ft under water!!! So that kind of put a damper on that.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I helped a friend replace a clutch on a F*rd Ranger on Saturday and then went for a 60 mile motorcycle ride yesterday with a couple of neighbors. Sunday was much better that Saturday. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts