GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 38,000 on my 20043 Silverado & am experiencing a slight clunk when the Tranny shift from 2nd to 3rd under light acceleration. Does not happen first thing in the morning. but after I go a mile or so. Other then that it appears to shift smoothly. Is there reason to be concerned & should I inform the dealer. Any info would be appreceiated

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes, let the dealer know, so if you have any trouble with it in the future, you can prove the condition existed while the vehicle was under warranty!! Other than that, have you serviced the trans yet?? And as with all auto trans issues, check the fluid first!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hard shift from 2nd to 3rd

Took the truck to dealer & a tech went with me for a test ride. Gave me a GM white paper on the condition that claims this is normal on this transmission. In any case I registered a complaint. I will wait & see if it gets worse. Planning on dumping the fluid at 40,000

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Sounds like a prudent way to handle it. If they've got a TSB or white paper on it, then it's a known issue probably and no ill effect will come of it. But, you've got it in the computer as a complain, so you're covered. :great:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts