GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had Borla headers for my 94 Silverado , they are like the Rolls Royce of aftermarket exhaust . That is a fantastic price for they're split dual catback . I paid more than that for my Gibson set in 99 on my new style Silverado .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had Borla headers for my 94 Silverado , they are like the Rolls Royce of aftermarket exhaust . That is a fantastic price for they're split dual catback . I paid more than that for my Gibson set in 99 on my new style Silverado .

awesome! thanks for the info

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How do you like the gibson?

·
Registered
63 Posts
The Gibson was great, it had a real nice deep rumble, without being to loud. I traded my 99 X-cab for the new 01 HD 2500 crew cab as soon as they came out. I have a 4 inch Try-flo system on the 01, in 01 NOBODY made a dual system for the HDs. They ALL said it would screw with the torque when towing. (the exhaust companies)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Gibson was great, it had a real nice deep rumble, without being to loud. I traded my 99 X-cab for the new 01 HD 2500 crew cab as soon as they came out. I have a 4 inch Try-flo system on the 01, in 01 NOBODY made a dual system for the HDs. They ALL said it would screw with the torque when towing. (the exhaust companies)
If you don't mind me asking how much was your gibson?

·
Registered
63 Posts
If I remember correctly , it was around $500.00 in 99, that was stainless . Stupid to buy anything but stainless in Pa. The aluminized system I first had on my new 94 Silverado , lasted only 2 years.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well, We pieced my exhaust together and it... damn it cost about $500 installed. What was i thinking.

·
Registered
3,435 Posts
I think you made an excellent decision to go with the Borla, and for the price you can't beat that. Corsa and Borla were always a big seller where I work at, but I always felt that Borla had them beat hands down! You will be real happy with that system, great performance too!:great:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts