GM Truck Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Picked up a new to me 07 Silverado LTZ a couple weeks ago. Now has 32,000 miles on it. Its already been to the dealer with a tranny leak, ended up being the pump seal. Now im having a few more issues. At 65mph and over im getting a horrible sound and vibration when in v4 mode. Sounds/feels like im driving on a rumble strip. This seems to be intermittent. Its more prominent when under power in v4 mode then when coasting downhill. Also I've noticed a tick on startup. Sounds like a lifter, and goes away after its been warmed up. Im wondering if these two could be related as I know the AFM uses special lifters.
Lastly, last night my park assist sounded a bunch of times on startup, and now shows "Park assist off" on the DIC, and will not turn back on. Ive cleaned the sensors, drove 15 mph to reset it, and dont have a hitch or anything in my reciever.

A little frustrated to be having so many issues so soon after buying. But so far loving this forum, learning alot here.

Thanks in advacne

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, the issue with the park assist seems to have resolved itself. Must have been water or something in the sensors.
Still have the tick and vibration though.
Also forgot to mention this is a nnbs

·
Registered
603 Posts
There is a thread on the tick at start up. GM says it is normal. I had it in my 2007 and 2009 NBS with the 5.3. Dealer will say it's normal. Does it go away after a few seconds? If so sounds like most of them here.
I had no issues with cylinder deactivation on either of mine. Drop it out of overdrive and it will go back to V8 mode see if it acts up.

Or just go 64mph.... Sorry couldn't help myself.:lol:

So whenever I buy used I always change all the fluids. I had no leaks on either vehicles so try retoquing the fasteners(if it is a pan leak). 2007 is probably still under the power-train warranty I would get it in sooner than later for the dealer to look at it. Did you buy from a gm dealer?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks for the respose

The vibration is definitely linked to being in v4 mode. As soon as it switches to v8 mode its smooth as butter. And it does it below 65 too just not as bad haha.
The ticking doesnt go away in a few seconds, more like a few minutes. If i start it up and drive a mile or two ill listen to it at idle and I cant hear it. Im sure its probably nothing to worry about.

As far at the tranny leak, I already had that one taken care of under the powertrain warranty. Even with the few issues I still love the truck, especially when buying a vehicle four years old and I can still bring it to the dealer and have things fixed with no cost to me. And no I didnt buy from a dealer....it was a used car lot in MA. I prefer to buy from a dealer but the price was right :)
I bought my Eclipse with only 10,000 on it and Mitsubishi just left me on my own. When the struts were completely gone at 20,000, the tranny replaced at 40,000, and the paint started peeling of at 60,000 they did nothing. And Im very meticulous about maintainence and am easy on my vehicles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts