GM Truck Club Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I got it running yesterday. I changed out the distributor cap, rotor and plugs and it did nothing. No change, would not start. So I started unplugging all electrical connectors, cleaning them and using dielectric grease on them. Every four connectors I would stop and try starting it. After the second batch, it started right up with no problem! No hesitation, just started. I am pretty confident it will now start in cold weather, but we are having an unseasonably warm December in so cal, so I wont know for a little bit.
Thank you so much for your help everyone. You will probably hear from me soon-Steve put the idea in my head of replacing the heater core, and I'm sure I will need plenty of advice.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone could help me identify or had any suggestions as to what I should do next? I have a 2003 GMC Sonoma SLS 4WD Crew Cab (the V6 4.3L vortec). As with many that are high mileage (203K), I am now have issues starting it in cold weather. It just wont start in the morning and now that its getting cold at night its really hard to start at night. It sounds like a fuel issue (I tested the battery and the alternator-they were fine). I changed the fuel filter (cheap and I was being optimistic), no luck there. I checked the pressure on the fuel pump (I go through one of those about every two years and I have almost hit the two year mark), but the pressure was ample to start the truck. My next best guess is fuel injector spider awesomeness. I uploaded a video to youtube, take a look, please tell me what you think.

A bit about me, I got this truck in 2006 with 32K on it. I love it but it has been nothing but extensive problems (transmission, catalytic converter, fuel pumps, cv joints, a hot mess). Currently the heater and ac dont work (the heater went out last year and the compressor just died a few months ago). Obviously I am a glutten for GM punishment though because I plan on replacing it in a few years with the new Colorado (diesel).
This discussion came to a crashing end with no result posted I got mine started three days ago by hitting the distributor cap and all the electrical connections in that area to make sure they were not wet. After about ten minutes of that I tried starting and it fired right up. I did that before I read this thread. Did you find permanent fix?

21 - 22 of 22 Posts