GM Truck Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys kinda of new to suburbans still but i have a 2001 suburban with on star and rear controls and a factory amp but not bose. i have it also wired up and works fine and i have a sub woofer and everything is done right . after about volume 20 some times it shut off and speakers wouldn't have any sound but sub still did and its a ken wood head unit and somtimes when i roll my windows down it would shut the door speakers off . lately every time i turn it up the door speakers shut off and i have to turn the head until off and back on . ive heard that the factory amp will shut off if the speaker some where is blown and ive checked the sperker none are blown or played kinda loud is this true ? can i by pass the amp b/c pisses me off it does it every time now. but remember when i had my factory cd player b4 the cd player quit working it never did this HELP PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
this sounds like a problem with having an aftermarket headunit and a factory amp still in use. it needs to be one or the other. run new lines from thehead unit to the speakers, its alot of work butthis is what SHOULD be done dont mix aftermarket and factory amps

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this sounds like a problem with having an aftermarket headunit and a factory amp still in use. it needs to be one or the other. run new lines from thehead unit to the speakers, its alot of work butthis is what SHOULD be done dont mix aftermarket and factory amps

ok so ur saying by pass the factory amp ?

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
If you have an aftermarket head unit, and the vehicle had a Bose system originally in it, you will most probably have to bypass the factory amp, and possibly replace the door speakers. They oftentimes sell a wiring harness that you can use to bypass the factory amp. Typically the Bose speakers run much lower impedances than most amps and headunits can deal with. In your current setup, you're overdriving the input stage of the Bose amp, so it's cutting off due to be overpowered by the aftermarket headunit.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have an aftermarket head unit, and the vehicle had a Bose system originally in it, you will most probably have to bypass the factory amp, and possibly replace the door speakers. They oftentimes sell a wiring harness that you can use to bypass the factory amp. Typically the Bose speakers run much lower impedances than most amps and headunits can deal with. In your current setup, you're overdriving the input stage of the Bose amp, so it's cutting off due to be overpowered by the aftermarket headunit.

i dont have the bose system but have the better speakers than base i by passed it all and it is fine now but the very back two on my right and left panels i cant fine the wire

·
Super Moderator
3,410 Posts
my apologies, I didn't read your post correctly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts